1. It’s just chickenfeed for him.
对他来说,那点钱只是九牛一毛。
2. Your house would be repossessed.
你的房子会被收回的。
3. You might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
一不做,二不休。
?as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb 一不做二不休
偷羊偷羊羔一样都是贼,都要被绞死。横竖是死,那就一不做二不休。
4. He’s world-weary and cynical.
他愤世嫉俗。
?world-weary 厌世的,厌弃人生的
e.g. A world-weary person no longer feels excited or enthusiastic about anything. 厌世的人对任何事情都不再感兴趣。
5. Our teacher is a real disciplinarian.
我们的老师很严厉。
6. They work hand and glove.
他们狼狈为奸。
?hand and glove (跟…)亲密无间;(跟…)互相勾结,亦作hand in glove。不仅可以用于狼狈为奸这种反面场合,也可以用于好的场合。
e.g. We are hand and/in glove with each other. 我们俩人情投意合。
7. It happened more by contrivance than by chance.
这事有人设计。
8. Temper your criticism.
批评不要太尖锐。
9. We have to scale back.
我们得缩小规模。
?scale back 按比例缩减,相应缩减
10. You’ve got goose bumps.
你都起鸡皮疙瘩了。
?goose bumps 鸡皮疙瘩
goose指鹅,goose bumps翻译成中文却是鸡皮疙瘩
2025国考·省考课程试听报名