1. Kudos, man.
行啊,你小子。
2. You sound sanctimonious.
别假装神圣。
3. She’s meek and mild.
她很温柔。
4. You must have the Midas touch.
你真是太会赚钱了。
?the Midas touch 点石成金,赚大钱的本领
在希腊神话中,Midas是具有点石成金魔力的传奇人物
5. Everything will fall into place.
一切都会迎刃而解。
?fall into place (开始)形成有条不紊、一目了然的格局,变得有条不紊(或清清楚楚)
e.g. Once I knew he had a thing for her, everything fell into place. 知道他对她有意思,我才终于恍然大悟。
来听听Westlife的歌>>星光之上,两心之间:Written In The Stars<<
Cos when I look at my life (因为当我回顾一生)
How the pieces fall into place (生命的片段逐渐被理解)
It just wouldn't rhyme without you (但是没有了你,我的生命则不再律动)
6. There’s no point in beating your chest.
捶胸顿足有什么用?
?beat one's chest 捶胸顿足
7. I’m going to up the ante.
我准备加大赌注。
?up the ante 提价;增加赌注;提中国足彩网的要求
8. Little headway has been made.
还没什么进展。
9. You should take criticism in your stride.
你得对批评刀枪不入。
?take something in one's stride 从容(或轻易)地对付某事,毫不费力地做某事
10. A bunch of Philistines.
一帮俗人!