7、 A Job Interview工作面试
A:Good morning, I’m Richard Li.
早上好,我是理察德•李。
B:Please have a seat, Mr. Li. I received your resume a few weeks ago, and I must say I’m very impressed.
李先生请坐。我在几个星期前收到了你的简历,你给我留下了深刻的印象。
A:Thank you.
谢谢。
B:We’re a small financial company, trading mostly stocks and bonds. May I ask why you’re interested in working for us?
我们是一个小小的金融公司,主要从事股票和证券交易。可以问一下你为什么有兴趣来这里工作吗?
A:Your company has an impressive reputation. And I’ve always wanted to work for a smaller company.
你们公司名声很好。而且我一直就想在小公司工作。
B:That’s good to hear! Would you mind telling me a little bit about your present job?
很高兴听你这么说!能不能请你谈一谈目前的工作?
A:I’m a head broker in a large international company. I deal with clients on a daily basis, handling all aspects of their accounts personally.
我在一个很大的国际公司做经纪领班。我每天都跟客户打交道,全面处理他们的私人帐户。
B:Why do you think you’re the right candidate for this position?
为什么你认为你是这个职位的最好人选?
A:I have a lot of experience in the stock market. And I enjoy working with people. As a matter of fact, in my current job I’m in charge of a team of eight brokers.
我在股票市场上有丰富的经验。我喜欢与人交往。事实上,目前的工作中我负责一个由八个经纪人组成的团队。
B:Well, you might be just the person we’ve been looking for. Do you have any questions?
或许你就是我们要找的人。请问你有什么问题吗?
A:Yes. If I were hired, how many accounts would I be handling?
是的。如果我被雇用,我管理几个帐号?
B:You’d be working with two other head brokers. In other words, you’d be handling about a third of our clients.
你将与另外两个经纪领班一起工作。换句话说,你要管理我们三分之一的客户。
A:And whom would I report to?
我的上司是谁?
B:Directly to me.
我是你的直接领导。
A:I see. What kind of benefit package do you offer?
我明白了。你们提供什么样的福利?
B:Two weeks of paid vacation in your first year of employment. I believe you’re also eligible for medical and dental insurance. But this is something you should discuss with our personnel department. Do you have any other questions?
雇用第一年有两周的有薪假期。我相信你还有医疗和牙科保险。但你最好与我们的人事部门谈论这些事情。还有别的问题吗?
A:No, not at the moment.
现在没有。
B:Well, I’ll have to discuss your application with my colleagues, and we’ll get back to you early next week.
我要与我的同事们讨论一下你的申请,我们下星期初就给你答复。
A:OK, thanks. It was very nice to meet you.
好的,谢谢。很高兴跟你见面。
B: It was nice meeting you, too, and thanks for coming in today.
我也很高兴见到你,谢谢你今天到这里来。
额外成就感
面视英语
application 请求;申请;申请表
* If you’re interested in this position, send in your application.
如果你对这个工作感兴趣,那就把申请表交上来。
* I sent an application two weeks ago but still haven’t heard anything.
我两周前寄出去的简历到现在也没回音。
resume 履历;个人简历
* Would you please help me with my resume?
你能帮我写简历吗?
* Your resume is very impressive.
你的简历给人印象深刻。
communication skills 沟通能力
* I have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
我有很好的口头和书面表达能力。
* Good communication skills are very useful in business matters.
良好的沟通能力在商业事务中很有用。