11、 Eating Out 外出用餐
(1)Making a Reservation预约订餐
A:Greenery Cafe.
您好,绿茵阁。
B:Hi, I’d like to make dinner reservations for 7:30 tonight.
你好,我想预定今天晚上7:30的晚餐座位。
A:We’re all booked at 7:30. How about 8:00 or 8:30?
我们7:30的座席都订光了。8:00或8:30怎么样?
B:8:00 is fine.
8:00可以。
A:For how many?
多少个人?
B:There will be two of us.
两个。
A:What’s your name and number, please?
请告诉我您的姓名和电话号码。
B:Zhao. My number is 86657152.
我姓赵。电话是86657152。
A:So, that’s a table for two at 8:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you, Mr. Zhao.
两人一桌,晚上八点。赵先生,我们恭候您的光临。
(2) Ordering 点菜
A:We have a few specials on the menu this evening. First there’s a lovely steak served with potatoes. And we have a delicious shrimp dish in a garlic sauce served over rice.
我们今天晚上有几个特色菜。首先是上等牛排加马铃薯。另外有喷香的蒜蓉虾饭。
B:Which one would you recommend?
那你推荐哪一个?
A:I think the steak is the best thing on the menu.
我认为牛排是菜单上最好的菜。
B:OK. I’ll have that then.
那好。我就要牛排。
A:How would you like your steak?
你的牛排要怎么做?
B:Medium rare.
中熟。/六分熟。
A:Anything to drink?
要喝点什么吗?
B:What kind of beer do you have?
你们有什么样的啤酒?
A:Blue Girl, Tiger, and Pearl River.
蓝妹、虎啤和珠江。
B:A Pearl River, please.
请来一瓶珠江啤酒。
A:Sure.
好的。
B:Actually, I’d rather have carrots than potatoes with my steak.
我想在牛排里放胡罗卜而不要马铃薯。
A:I’ll check with the chef, but I’m sure that won’t be a problem.
我要问一下厨师,不过我相信不会有问题的。
B:Great. Thanks for helping me out.
太好了。谢谢你。
(3)Checking 买单
A:Would you like some coffee or dessert?
你要不要来点咖啡或甜点?
B:I could go for some coffee. And you?
我想来点咖啡。你呢?
C:Nothing for me, thanks.
我什么都不要,谢谢。
B:Check, please.
买单。
A:Right away.
马上就来。
额外成就感
饭店英语
reservation 预约
* Can I make a reservation for 5 people at seven tonight?
我能不能预约一个今晚7点钟5个人的桌位?
* I made reservations for dinner tonight to celebrate your promotion.
我今晚为你定了一桌菜,来庆祝你的升迁。
specials 特色佳肴;特价菜
* Do you have any specials for tonight?
今晚有没有什么特色菜?
* Do you know what you want to order, or would you like to hear the specials?
你准备好点什么了吗?要不要我介绍一些特色菜?
check 结帐,买单
* Excuse me, can we have the check, please.
对不起,我们可以买单了吗?
* You can pay the check on your way out.
你可以出去的时候结帐。