足球游戏_中国足彩网¥体育资讯$

A Fun Night快乐的一晚-疯狂英语口语突破对话第16课
来源:易贤网 阅读:1147 次 日期:2017-04-25 09:49:26
温馨提示:易贤网小编为您整理了“A Fun Night快乐的一晚-疯狂英语口语突破对话第16课”,方便广大网友查阅!

16、 A Fun Night快乐的一晚

A:Mr. Wilson, I’d like you to meet my wife, Joan.

威尔逊先生,让我给您介绍我的太太琼。

B:Very nice to meet you. This is a wonderful party.

很高兴认识您。这个聚会好极了。

A:Nice to meet you. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself.

有幸认识您。很高兴您玩得开心。

B:Would you like something to drink?

要不要喝点什么?

A:Yes, I’ll have a glass of white wine. Thank you.

给我来一杯白葡萄酒吧。谢谢。

B:There are some snacks over here. Please try some.

这儿有些小吃。请尝尝。

A:Mmm. They’re delicious. What recipe did you use?

啊,真好吃。您怎么做的?

B:Well, it’s a secret! Too bad your wife couldn’t join us tonight. I understand she had to leave town on business.

这是秘密!您太太今晚不能来真是太遗憾了。我知道她要出差。

A:Yes, unfortunately.

是的,真太不巧了。

B:So that leaves only you to take care of your son?

这样就只留下您照看儿子了。

B:We used to have a baby–sitter, but now he’s old enough to stay home alone.

我们以前有个保姆,但现在孩子大了,可以自己在家了。

A:How old is he?

他多大了?

B:Fourteen.

14岁。

A:Where does he go to school?

他在哪儿上学?

B:He’s at JFK High School.

在JFK中学。

A:What a coincidence. Our youngest goes to school there as well. She’ll graduate this spring.

真是太巧了。我们最小的女儿也在那上学。她今年春天毕业。

B:Does your daughter already know what she wants to do after graduation?

您女儿毕业后想干什么呢?

A:She’s thinking about going to Boston University.

她想去波士顿大学。

B:Oh, Boston is such a wonderful city for young people. As a matter of fact, I went there just last weekend.

噢,波士顿对年轻人来说真是个绝妙的城市。其实我上个周末刚去过那儿。

A:So did we. 我们也去了。

B:You’re kidding! What did you do there?

真的?你们去那儿做什么?

A:We just stopped for dinner on our way back from a skiing trip.

我们滑雪回来在那儿停留吃晚饭。

B:How nice! I used to go skiing all the time, but now I just don’t seem to find the time. Where did you say you went?

真棒!我过去常去滑雪,现在好像老没时间。你说你们去哪儿来着?

A:To a small, cozy place in Vermont. You should join us some time.

去了佛蒙特州一个小巧安逸的地方。你有时间可以跟我们一块去。

B:I’d love to.

好啊。

A:So tell us, how do you like life in New York?

你觉得纽约的生活怎么样?

B:It’s quite an adjustment. My wife and son are adapting quite well, though.

很多东西需要适应。我太太和儿子都很能适应的。

A:And what about you?

那你呢?

B:Between you and me, I just can’t get used to city life.

这只在你我之间说,我对城市生活就是不习惯。

额外成就感

舞会英语

wine 葡萄酒;酒

* Would you like red or white wine?

你是喝红酒还是白酒?

* I always like to take a bottle of wine as a gift when I’m invited to someone’s home for dinner.

我每次应邀请去别人家吃饭时,总爱带瓶酒作礼物。

recipe 烹饪法

* You have to give me your recipe for these cucumber noodles.

你要告诉我怎么做黄瓜面条。

* Can you write down the recipe for this dish? It’s delicious.

你能把这道菜的做法写下来吗?太好吃了。

coincidence 巧合;一致

* I can’t believe you grew up in Beijing as well. What a coincidence!

我简直不敢相信你也在北京长大。真是太巧了!

* We met each other by coincidence.

我们碰巧遇到了。

adapt 使适应

* It’s hard for me to get used to the city, but my son is adapting well.

我很难适应城市的生活,但是我的儿子倒适应得蛮快。

* Do you think it will be easy to adapt to life in America?

你认为我会很快适应美国的生活吗?

中国足彩网信息请查看口语交际
由于各方面情况的不断调整与变化,易贤网提供的所有考试信息和咨询回复仅供参考,敬请考生以权威部门公布的正式信息和咨询为准!
关于我们 | 联系我们 | 人才招聘 | 网站声明 | 网站帮助 | 非正式的简要咨询 | 简要咨询须知 | 加入群交流 | 手机站点 | 投诉建议
工业和信息化部备案号:滇ICP备2023014141号-1 足球游戏_中国足彩网¥体育资讯$ 滇公网安备53010202001879号 人力资源服务许可证:(云)人服证字(2023)第0102001523号
云南网警备案专用图标
联系电话:0871-65317125(9:00—18:00) 获取招聘考试信息及咨询关注公众号:hfpxwx
咨询QQ:526150442(9:00—18:00)版权所有:易贤网
云南网警报警专用图标