A:Jack and Mary broke up.杰克和玛丽分手了。
B:It’s so sad. They had been together for only two months. Do you know what the matter was?真可惜。他们在一起只有两个月。你知道怎么回事吗?
A:Mary said Jack was cheating on her. Jack was seeing a girl from his hometown. One day, Mary saw them holding hands and ended the relationship immediately.玛丽说杰克骗她。杰克在跟他家乡的一个女孩儿交往。一天,玛丽看见他们手拉手。然后就立即断绝了跟杰克的关系。
B:Really? I’m very surprised. He doesn’t look like a guy who’d ever do that sort of thing, right?真的吗?我没想到。杰克一点都不想会做出这种事得人,对吧?
A:No, he doesn’t. Anyway, she found out that he had been two-timing her for a long time.是啊。但是,她发现他脚踏两只船好久了。
B:Maybe it is for the best. They are not suitable for each other because they have nothing in common and are completely different people.或许这样最好。他们不是很适合彼此,没有共同点,是完全不同的两类人。
A:How so?怎么说?
B:He is an extrovert while she is an introvert. He likes parties while she hates them.杰克很外向但是玛丽很内向。杰克喜欢交际但是玛丽讨厌交际。
A:Poor Mary! She really liked him.可怜的玛丽!她是真心喜欢他的。
B:Anyway, she was right to end things and she deserves better.不管怎么样,了结这件事是对的。她能找到更好的。
A:Do you think they’ll get back together?你觉得他们会复和吗?
B:No, I don’t think so. I know Mary. Once she makes a decision, she won’t change her mind.不,我不这么认为。我了解玛丽。一旦她做了决定,就不会再改了。
A:I hope she’ll recover soon.希望她尽快好起来。
B:So do I.是啊。