A:Morgan, can I ask you a question?摩根,我可以问你一个问题吗?
B:Sure, what is it?当然可以,什么事?
A:I was just wondering if many Chinese people take their leftover food home from a restaurant.我想知道中国人在饭馆吃完饭之后,会不会把没吃完的东西打包带回家.
B:In most cities in China, doogie bags are quite uncommon.中国大多数城市的人都很少打包的.
A:What happen to all the leftover food?那剩饭剩菜怎么处理呢?
B:It usually goes to the dump.一般就倒掉了.
A:That seems like an awful waste! Why don't people order fewer dishes so that they don't have to throw so much away at the end of the meal?那可太浪费了!大家为什么不少点一些菜呢,这样就可以避免吃完饭后剩下太多了.
B:Ordering a lot of food at restaurants is just a tradition in China. You know, in the past, people could not afford to eat out like they can today.在饭馆吃饭点很多菜是中国人的一项传统习惯.要知道,过去人们可不像现在这样什么都能吃得起.
A:I guess that makes sense. I just think it would make more sense to take the leftovers home.你这么解释我就明白了.我只是觉得把剩菜打包会更好.
B:Well, if you want, you can take the leftovers home.嗯,如果你愿意,你就打包带回去吧.
A:No, that's OK. You know what they say when in Rome…不用,没关系的.你知道俗话说的好:入乡…(随俗)
B:I was impressed that you tried the pig's feet. I heard that many foreigners don't like to eat them.你敢吃猪蹄我很惊讶.我听说很多外国人都不爱吃这个.
A:Many people in my generation don't eat pig's feet, but my parents grew up eating them, so I think they are OK.我这一代的人不怎么吃猪蹄,不过,我父母他们小时候常吃,所以我觉得吃这个也无所谓.
B:Did you like them? You could take the last one home with you.你觉得好吃吗?你可以把最后一个带回家.
A:That's OK. I'll try anything once, but sometimes, once is enough!还行.我一般什么东西都会尝尝,不过,有的东西吃一次就足够了.