A:Steven, would you like to go dance with us tonight?史蒂文,今晚和 我们一起去跳舞怎么样?
B:John, I am just not in the mood for this.约翰,我现在没那个心情。
A:You look so upset. What's going on?你看起来很沮丧,怎么回事?
B:I lost the table tennis game yesterday.昨天在乒乓球比赛中,我输了 。
A:Oh, what a pity!噢,真遗憾!
B:I just don’t want to play table tennis any more.我不想再打乒乓球了。
A:Is it that bad? It’s nothing more than a game.有那么糟糕吗?不过 是输掉一场比赛而已。
B:My opponent bowled me with the very first ball. I was wondering if it's appropriate for me to play table tennis.我的对手一球就把我淘汰了 ,我在想可能我不太适合打乒乓球吧。
A:Oh, come on! Failure is the mother of success. Don’t lose heart. I'm sure you'll succeed.噢,别这样!失败是成功之母。不要灰心,我相信 你一定会成功的。
B:Perhaps you are right. But I still need some time to recover from the failure.或许你说的对。但是我仍然需要时间从失败中恢复过来。
A:I understand.我能理解你。