A:What are you reading?
你在看什么?
B:Gee! You scared me!
哎呀!你吓我一大跳!
A:Aha, Fitness Consultant. Very good, Don't you know about the rules in this office?
啊哈,《健康顾问》。好极了,难道你不知道办公室里的规矩吗?
B:Yes, Ma'am. No magazines during the office hours. I'm sorry.
当然知道了。工作时间不准看杂志。对不起。
A:Well, don't do this again next time. What is it about, anyway?
下次可别再这么做。嘿,这是本什杂志啊?
B:It is about sports for white-collar workers, people like you and me.
是关于上班族的运动的书,就是像你我这样的。
A:What kind of sports?
什么样的运动啊?
B:Aerobic sports, for example, jogging, yoga, skating…
有氧运动,比如,慢跑、瑜伽、滑雪……
A:Interesting. What were you reading just now?
有意思。你刚刚在读的是什么啊?
B:Stretching exercise after sitting a long time.
长期久坐后的伸展运动。
A:Really? That sounds interesting!
真的吗?有意思!
B:Can I have my magazine back now?
我现在能拿回我的杂志了吗?
A:No. It's confiscated for now. And I will return it to you after I finish reading it.
不行。现在它被没收了。我读完了以后再还给你。
注释:
colleague n. 同事
fitness n. 健美,健康
consultant n. 顾问
rule n. 规定
white-collar n. 白领
yoga n. 瑜伽
stretch vi. 伸展
magazine n. 杂志